PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2022, 09:25
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OzzyOzBorn
Forums like this always attract one or two characters who like to vent that [insert name of airport] is the worst in the world, worst they've ever used etc. Well then, they can't have used many if they speak of MAN in that way. I've travelled through 464 airports worldwide, and frankly - for most passengers - MAN would be quickly forgotten as a very average experience. It isn't in the top tier, but it is far removed from the really poor offerings as well.
And remember this: some of those characters who trawl these threads spreading poison about the MAN passenger experience can be found in a cheerleading role on Liverpool Airport forums. Funny that. Maybe they post with an agenda which doesn't include the best interests of an unsuspecting reader on here?
Depends if you rate MAN against 3rd world competition. Objectively, on a like for like comparison with it's European peers, MAN underperforms by quite some in terms of security getting people from A to B in a timely and efficient fashion for all the reasons discussed and pointed out. I too have flown through hundreds of airports across the many years and I genuinely loath the attitude of the security operation at MAN, it's particular and notable and frankly problematic from a customer experience standpoint. And that's not from a data point of one, there's a whole thread on flyertalk of people who have had the same experience at MAN and yet none for it's peers. It needs fixing, not tribally defending. I used to dread going through MAN as I knew the chances of a secondary search and a pointless wait were sky high, even when compared to comparable world airports in higher risk regions.