PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 new SOPs
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2022, 00:49
Escape Path

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sergei.a320
We have been using new airbus SOPs, briefings and checklists since december 2021, everythings works well and more comfortable. Lots of things should now be discussed ,especially during preflight (prelim and cocpit prep parts). But they deleted After t/o climb checklist, imho very safety related one. I.e. l/g up should be checked
I switched companies on April to a company using Airbus OEM procedures. I must say it's quite a change in some regards to my previous outfit, mainly in the before start checklist part. I've liked the briefings, makes it a bit more engaging for both CMs. How are you guys briefing the SID, STAR, IAPs? It would seem that as we both checked the FMS preparation against the chart we are not required to read it like we used to, but one can miss a note that's printed on the chart somewhere, just because we're just checking the WPTs and constraints... Any input on this? Also, do you guys switch PF roles as each crewmember briefs their part? I guess the changes are... interesting? But I guess we're sort of used to little annoying changes here and there from Airbus haha

I must be getting old... it's weird taking off and not calling for any kind of checklist!