PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard again
Thread: Vuichard again
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2022, 17:34
Hughes500

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Rotorbee
Sorry wasnt trying to shoot you down at all. From what I have seen recently where maintenance companies have been forced by EASA to have reams of paperwork with less and less attention being paid to actually maintaining the machines, i would beg to differ. Up to fairly recently my 300's were maintained by a type rated engineer working for himself. that has now become illegal so had to move my machines to a company that has no experience on the type, no type rated engineers ( in fact they have to use my old engineer to sign things off )takes 4 times as long to do anything and quite often gets it wrong, BUT has all the correct bits of paper , that is EASA improving safety ! Another company's chief engineer didnt even know how the track and balance gear worked !
As for training there has been a severe dumbing down of training here in Europe with standards of instructors plummeting. It is actually really easy to land a S 300 in auto, I have probably done 5 to 6000 in my time, havent bent anything yet apart from a genuine double mag failure at 80 ft 30 knots coming into land and that was just the cross beam.
The culture unfortunately is that instruction is seen as the lowest of the low and a way to build hours to a " better paid job"that needs to change where the best people are teaching the newest guys, that way the accident rate will come down here in Europe, although I think it is pretty good here in UK. I have no idea of instruction in the USA or else where come to that