PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Moving HQ to Washington D.C.
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2022, 13:17
hoistop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Less Hair
There will be a lot of new and different stuff needed for pacific conflict scenarios that we might face sooner than later. Boeing is right to expect big defense business. But they would not be right splitting off the commercial airliner subdivision. Especially now that it needs to catch up on latest technology, software and robot manufacturing that is already used in the military side of the business.
If I am an adversary to U.S. I would see a currently Boeing produced equipment/weapon on other side as good news. It is a top military technology that actually works to be feared of, not a lobbyist-produced deal that later proves a bit hollow. If they moved HQ back to Seattle, it would be a message for everyone that they are on the way to put Boeing back on track.

It would be sad if this was just the death throes of a dying company. But it seems to be representative of something much deeper in our society. I am afraid it is something deeper. This is so sad to watch even I never worked on a Boeing product (MD-80/DC-9 does not count as Boeing to me). Joe Sutter must turn in his grave.