PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfriendliest airport for GA in Australia?
Old 10th May 2022, 00:20
Traffic_Is_Er_Was

Location: QLD - where drivers are yet to realise that the left lane goes to their destination too.
Received 182 Likes on 75 Posts
How dare you expect basic services, how dare you expect a runway to be the same as a highway,
But it's not a basic service, and it's not a highway. It's like saying the council has to provide a golf course, just because you want to play golf. It's a piece of privately owned infrastructure that the owners have every right to charge a fee for the use of if they so desire, much as should the council decide to provide a council owned golf course, they're going to charge you a fee to use it. I don't like paying for the use of the council swimming pool or putting money in a parking meter any more than the next rate payer, but I don't throw my dummy out of the cot ranting "it's so not fair, I've already paid for all this" when I do. Or is it only selective? When you go to Byron Bay, do you also bitch about paying at the parking meter (and they are literally everywhere), and refuse to, on the basis you're bringing so much money into the town?