PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard again
Thread: Vuichard again
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2022, 15:57
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
Rotorbee,

Just like your Grand Dad in the Old Fart's Home....do remember he got Old for a reason....especially if he was a Helicopter Pilot.

As to the FAA being the All Knowing God....that kind of thinking might prevent you from ever being that Grand Dad in the Home.

They certified a lot of Jet Rangers and later had to coin the concept of LTE as a result of the poor Tail Rotor Design....they also certified helicopters without crashworthy fuel tanks....and have issued rules and regulations that allow people to go out and kill themselves.

You did read Mr. Lappos' post I quoted....the part where he mentioned all those different experts?

Perhaps you might be a bit more kind in some of your comments as if you live long enough you may have reason to regret making them.

I have had many an argument with Crab down through the years...but have always considered his experience and knowledge to be a real asset.

This Forum is a virtual Crew Room in my view....and my experience has been a lot of learning goes on over Tea when Pilots discuss their stock and trade as much of it is art and not science....although science plays a large role. The Art is the Pilot learning to apply that science and be able to discern when and how said science is about to do him in.

Trust me....you are not young enough to make all the mistakes yourself and survive....best you learn from others....and I always tried to learn from everyone I flew with no matter their experience or license level. Sometimes it might simply be to never do what they did....usually it was a well appreciated tip or trick that worked.