PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet cancelling scheduled flights to put on extra football flights to Paris
Old 8th May 2022, 07:47
kghjfg

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Former easyjet pax
Lufthansa do have a flight on the same dates but over £200 in fare difference. Will easyJet pay the difference? I suspect not. Why should I be out of pocket while easyJet cashes in, at my expense?
I don’t understand your complaint, you booked some cheap tickets with a disreputable company, who keep fares low by cancelling flights/screwing passengers when it suits them to chase lucrative opportunities.

That was all fine, and you didn’t mind / supported that, until it affected you.

Then you complain that another airline is more expensive (and you’ll be out of pocket???), when the reason they are more expensive is because they don’t do the thing you are complaining about!

You can’t have it both ways.

Do you think it’s ok they do this to other people, to keep your fare low, as long as they don’t do it to you?

Stop whining, support reputable companies in future, explain the easyJet business model to people if you like, but don’t pretend they are costing you extra money that you should have paid in the first place if you wanted some guarantees you would get there.

You booked a cheap flight, with a disreputable company, that might be cancelled for a better opportunity, and then complained when they cancelled it.

Like I say, makes no sense.