PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2022, 18:15
GlobalNav

Received 151 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by pr00ne
What an absolute pile of garbage! Do you honestly think that ANYONE will treat a "coalition of western forces" attacking Russia as anything other than NATO? Take over Moscow? Are you stark raving mad? Have you ever heard of a thing called a strategic nuclear deterrent? Well guess who has the largest example on the planet? I think that the total annihilation of the human race would be far more likely than any cancer outcome for Putin if your little insane theory/fantasy were ever to play out.
Furthermore, the notion of "setting up a democracy" is mythological BS. Supporting a democracy like Ukraine, yes, but trying set up a democracy where it does not exist and the people have demonstrated no resolve keep it, is just plain nonsense and a waste. (re: Iraq and Afghanistan, et al.)

On the other hand, in the case of supporting Ukraine itself, I don't give a flying &*$% whether Putin considers it NATO or not. In retrospect, I think western nations (e.g., USA) will be ashamed that they let Putin's threats limit our actions in support of Ukraine. I understand the caution, but Putin's words alone have delayed and diminished potential rescue of a courageous democracy with tremendous loss of life.

Last edited by GlobalNav; 7th May 2022 at 20:21.