PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 7th May 2022, 14:25
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
DaveDurban.

Post is probably quite accurate to my knowledge, however one has to take a look at the overall picture and apply it to a chap who is determined to get into aviation and RyanAir is just one of those avenues.
On the RyanAir running out of pilots in the very near future the question I ask us where do they all disappear to. Type is generally 737 and not sure if there is any general shortage, seems from other posters that the Airbus is the most in demand position.
Back to Ryanair, my less than totally reliable sources, mate in training outfit, that they have ramped up and still being requested to increase their through put for FR.
RyanAir are moving mountains in attempts to have cadets coming through in the next 2 years.
I believe at present they regard a Cadet with 500 hours as experienced, wow, 500 hours, in my day it was 3000 on type minimum to be regarded as anywhere near experienced. I know that Ryan have an impeccable safety record and top notch training procedures and it is a great record so cadets if they can put up with the salary drawbacks then Ryan is a great opportunity to get on the first rung of the ladder to better things.
Would I advise my son to join them, not 100% sure I would.
But, again if he wanted too, then it's his decision.

One has to view that careers in aviation have changed completely from the good old days, but thats life, nothing stays the same.

Best of luck to all potential entrants to our world on the flight deck. Not much better places to be in my mind.