PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet cancelling scheduled flights to put on extra football flights to Paris
Old 7th May 2022, 13:19
Former easyjet pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet cancelling scheduled flights to put on extra football flights to Paris

I was due to fly from Manchester to Munich on Friday 27 May, returning Sunday 29 May however, easyJet has now cancelled this flight at a great inconvenience to myself and everyone else booked to travel, simply so they can cash in on the Champions League Final.

Using the easyJet website it is very easy to see that on a normal Friday easyJet operate 3 flights from Manchester to Paris however, on Friday 27 May easyJet have added an extra 3 flights, so will operate 6 flights from Manchester to Paris on this date. We all know airlines do not leave aircraft sitting around on the ground doing nothing so other flights will have had to be cut to make way for these three additional flights. My flight to Munich and likely other destinations on this date has been cancelled so the aircraft can instead be used to fly to Paris.

We paid about £180 each for this flight. easyJet are selling the additional Paris flights at around £1200 return, so they're raking it in even after they refund everyone on the cancelled Munich flight.

I have reported this to the press (who will be running a story), the CAA and MP Grant Shapps. I would like the forums advise on who else can I report this behaviour to, to ensure easyJet are held to account by regulators as simply, this is unacceptable.