PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit the Enabler? Forgive my ignorance ..
Old 7th May 2022, 11:26
happyjack

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts
Whalejet. I get no joy whatsoever from reading a story like that and I wish you better fortune elsewhere.
However, your story completely re-inforces my point. Obstacles are put in the way of British pilots to protect the European workforce. That's always been the case. But It is NOT reciprecated in any way.
On the contrary, the requirement for an EU pilot citizen to get a UK flying job is little more than a minimum salary of 25,600 GBP. So that's everyone then?
The UK welcome all foreign pilots whilst screwing their own's abilties to work somewhere else through licencing. I can think of no other country that would do such a thing? Indeed, a UK airline with an EASA AOC that now cannot employ UK pilots without EASA licences, that they had 2 years ago, so look to take foreign pilots instead? You just could not make this up!
With all the Brexit agreements there was a chance to reciprecate with everything. As any sensible person would do? But I can think of no situation at all where this has been the case? Made all the more appalling as the UK had the much stronger hand in any negotiation to get it's way but thanks to the traitors in Westminster it has all been given away for no return. A shocking mess that has tainted Brexit and will continue to do so for ever. Even now, 7 years after the vote and 2 years after leaving the EU what has been done to exploit the "free" position the UK is in and capitalise on it? Nothing? Your government is actively working against you!

Last edited by happyjack; 7th May 2022 at 11:38.