PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA attacks colour vision defective pilots again.
Old 7th May 2022, 07:38
papakurapilot

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Clinton!

Yep, doctors with not a single flight hour dictating what safe aviation requires, what is new!?

CASA is 'promising' a new OCVA but for now we have had to revert to the CAD test which the creator of literally said has not a single thing to do with aviation during John O'Brien's case at the AAT when he was called as a witness. This information is now on their website as of about 2-3 weeks ago. Unfortunately for a preceding period of months it wasn't and the old info was there and prospective pilots were spending thousands following it. There is zero timeline on the new test and literally no word on what it may entail. I've heard rumours of the word 'years' being used in the development of this test.

I am currently working in Aviation as a pilot and my medical thankfully has not been impacted. I am however in a role where I talk to other Colour Vision Defective pilots who are going for their first medical and this has been absolutely devastating to them.

One of these blokes I am in contact with has been in contact with the PMO and basically been told to sod off in what was a very confrontational phone call. He was told in no uncertain terms if he wants to 'lawyer up' that CASA has access to basically unlimited money to defend their position.

I'm absolutely at wits end with this. It's constant and never ending. I'm sorry but my faith in an organisation which delayed new alternate planning requirements less than 24 hours before they were implemented because they weren't ready is incredibly low. They promise the world and deliver a snow globe.