PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Statement Of Expectations 13-1-2022
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2022, 23:28
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Related to the SoE is the account of the Board meeting:

https://www.casa.gov.au/about-us/who...-28-april-2022

While this document sounds like a refined afternoon tea party, I hope that there was more to it than that.

While it has been pointed out that the CASA Board is not a "real" Board in the sense of a public company Board, I would like to think it takes its duties just as seriously.

That means that no matter how politely it is done, the DAS's no doubt dainty feet are held to the blow torch.

The Board should be asking penetrating questions and expecting concise answers as to the subject of managing risk - which is the Boards duty.. If over time, the answers provided by the DAS do not suggest an appreciation of this little matter, then the Board should be looking for a new DAS.

Questions that I would be asking:

Considering the question of CASA's reputation and occasional adverse findings, how do you propose to manage it? Could you perhaps comment on the matter of Buckley and similar events as examples of reputational risk?

While this is a Board matter, Considering Government policy in toto, how should CASA support it? is our policy aligned with Government objectives? Are there any changes to The Act or policies you would recommend? Why?

Do you have sufficient resources to execute the approved business plan?

Are there any matters not mentioned in the minutes that we, as Board, should be aware of?