PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit the Enabler? Forgive my ignorance ..
Old 6th May 2022, 22:15
Contact Approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Certainly was the fault of the UK government and i can give you a few examples of how its not been possible for some to reacquire both licences:

1.) Was in employment with a UK airline on or before 01.01.20.

2.) Was in employment in the Middle East or Asia on or before 01.01.20 and hadn’t used or renewed the UK EASA equivalent for sometime.

3.) Lost their UK based job before 01.01.20, had a family to feed and had insufficient tokens to renew their TR and medical before SOLI, during the worst pandemic the industry has faced.

4.) was unable to renew his TR during covid due to lockdowns and availability so was told he couldn’t SOLI.

5.) Returned to the UK Airforce and was on deployment.

6.) In flight training over the deadline.

7). Had medical suspended whilst said pilot battled cancer over the deadline only to regain it with an OML which is a disqualifying factor for initial EASA medicals btw so now can’t obtain a new EASA class 1.

Theres a few examples a few i know have had. Yes its the fault of the uk Government however EASA could have easily implemented a simple process as the UK have done after the deadline to allow those who couldn’t SOLI the chance to obtain another licence once the UK had left.
This would have been arguably a more efficient approach as many did SOLI for a licence they’ll never use purely because they didn’t know what would happen.

Last edited by Contact Approach; 6th May 2022 at 23:20.