PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2022, 16:47
Lonewolf_50

Received 460 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by Beamr
The T90M is the latest version of the tank with first units delivered to forces just 2020. It was supposed to be almost invulnerable with new turret, latest reactive armour with active components etc. Apparently these were taken to Ukraine just a few days ago. Now this ones a smoking wreck. Says it all really. https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/st...98240509108226
The T-90 is also a tank sold to India. I think that the M model (or a variant of it, MS?) has been around for a few years. I suspect that the Indian Army, as well as the Pakistani Army and Airforce, will take a keen interest in the performance of this model and see what applies to their own situations.
Originally Posted by NutLoose
That fell apart when they raped, robbed and murdered the same Russians they came to subjag liberate… I would imagine those same Russians now hate Russia as much as the Ukrainian population.
You seem to be confusing justification (why does one do this?) with operations (what transpires once one does this?) which renders your response irrelevant to the point I was making. It certainly harms local support for, or incites local opposition to, the "liberating" forces but does not change the political justification (how ever substantive or thin) for why they were sent there.

While I would have hoped that this kind of behavior by the troops would result in disciplinary action / charges, I am not confident that this will come about from the RU side, but more likely will play out like how Milosevic got called to account (ultimately) in The Hague.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 5th May 2022 at 16:59.