PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tnt/Asl airlines belgium
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2022, 11:20
Frenchie777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ImperialPilot
Congratulations, I have also been invited for a sim on a 737 classic. Do you have any feedbacks on what they're looking for during the assessment ?
How can I prepare ?
Do you have an Instructor on the left hand seat ?
What kind of exercice are they doing ? Everyone got the same "pattern"?

Thank you a lot
Hi!
Regarding the pattern you'll have to fly, I detailed it few messages before, nothing extraordinary... I believe they are more focusing on your basic (raw data) flying skills, procedure-wise, they don't really care... Just do not wait too long before configuring when you are on final, glide interception is made at 2500ft and it's CAT I weather. But difficult to say what they are looking for since they almost don't say a word during the exercise (except of course to explain a bit the classic, what they are going to ask you etc...).
It's only 15 minutes! And I believe everyone got the same pattern indeed.
Yes you have an instructor on the LHS and it is Vincent, the chief pilot B737. He is the one giving the introduction on the 737 classic.
To prepare, the best in my opinion is X-Plane with the 737 classic payware from IXEG (personally I bought it long before I applied to ASL because I did part of my training on the CAE 737 classic sim and I find it quite representative of the real simulator). But if you don't have it yet and don't have a budget for that, I would suggest to fly raw data as much as you can on your next flights if you're already flying a 737, that's also something I did.
If you have other question, feel free to ask!