PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2022, 10:52
scrapy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt5
Any advice on what the queues are like at Security towards late morning / mid day?

Three of us are travelling premium club to Orlando with TUI on Saturday, our flight departure time is 13:30.

We are staying at the Radisson the night before so don’t have to concern ourselves with traffic getting to the airport.

I note that TUI are opening check in 4hrs before departure, in the ideal world we would like to check in around 10:30. If we were to check in at 09:30 and by luck breeze through check in and security, I’d rather not have a 4hr wait around inside the airport, even with access to the new lounges, but not sure what to expect at that (quieter?!) time of day.

We should have fast lane access through our booking, but not sure if this will still be the case after the latest news regarding it.

I’m just after opinions really, obviously if we really should be using all of the 4hrs, we absolutely will do, but I guess I’m asking if it’s really necessary at that time of the day?
if you check in at 09.30 you could always go back to your hotel room. (Raddison is 5 mins walk from T2 checkin). You can check security wait times on the home page of the airports website, they generally are longer early morning and go down later in the day although not guaranteed. Ive got a lunchtime flight on a Saturday in a few weeks so have been checking list few weeks and not been above 30 minutes wait mid morning. Existing fast track bookings will still be honoured so will be less than the normal queue.