PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC skit
Thread: ASIC skit
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2022, 09:04
Captn Rex Havack

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
The STUPIDITY of the ASIC process

Are there any sane beauracrats anywhere in aviation these days with ANY common sense????????.

So I apply again for an ASIC renewal. Gives me the shjts before I even start because I know I have to re scan and resend them the same documents I sent them two years ago, and 2 years before that,
and two years before that, and two years before that etc etc..
But this year I even had to add my marriage certificate and a "identification in the community" - a bank statement, speeding fine - something with my name and address.

So I send them (YET AGAIN)..
* birth certificate - front and back
* drivers licence - front and back
* pilots licence
* marriage certificate - front and back
* identification in the community - bank statement
* passport - front and back
* photo of my rough mug

1. For God's sake, how much proof of ID do you idiots need?????????
2. Why am I sending you these same documents every two years??????????

And then to complete the stupidity, they write to me and tell me the photo I have supplied is the same one
I supplied them four years ago, send a new one.

So the photo I sent them they have on file from 4 years ago - ok, I may have a few more wrinkles, send a current photo.
BUT IF YOU HAVE THE PHOTO ON FILE, YOU ALSO HAVE THE OTHER 240 DOCUMENTS ON FILE. USE THEM.

So I got up this morning, and with hair all over the place, PJs on, sleep in my eyes, I got a photo taken. The worst photo of me ever.
My wife says "but that horrible photo, people will see it on your ASIC."

And I replied that "since ASICs came into force, I have NEVER EVER been asked to show my ASIC."

I'm off to join the Priesthood.