PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2022, 06:17
206 jock

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by CGameProgrammerr
Because that's not how people work - if they were refundable then he would get many more deposits and may spend that money, but then the flaky people will want to refund those deposits and he might not have the cash reserves to pay them, thus having to declare bankruptcy and liquidate the company. And people might refund deposits for any reason - they decide they want the money for themselves at that point, or a spouse dissuades them from buying a helicopter now, or they just get impatient and decide to buy another helicopter or retain their current one instead.
Sorry, that's BS. Very easy to create a wait list, so if you pull out , the person below you jumps up the queue and you lose your place. Many pages ago I mentioned TVR (a UK car brand of sports cars 'resurrected' by some chancers).. I placed an order - with a refundable deposit - back in 2016 on the promise of delivery in 2018. There is still no sign of any new car and I pulled my deposit years ago. It was refunded in a few days.

Crab is 100% correct. Jason is using deposits to fund the development, together with an Innovate UK grant that he obtained.. If that's ok with potential buyers that's great, but it doesn't sit right with me so I will sit on the sidelines chewing popcorn. Watching with interest!