PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buccaneer Low level
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2003, 01:11
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nimrodnoswwheel
wrote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning Gents. I dredged this one up from hungover memory banks this morning. They weren't too clear so Google'd a couple of helpful sites for the facts. However, am I right in saying this is the only time British forces have used Napalm in anger? AND, did we really only get 75% of hits on target?!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have it on good authority that the RAF did NOT drop any napalm on the Torey Canyon nor did the RAF have any Napalm at that time. What they used was 'liquified petroleum jelly.'

During Korea I believe that Napalm was a fairly typical response to massed chicom attacks. It was usually dropped from Sky Raiders but may alson have been dropped by Sea Fury and other RN types.

Only 75%? 75% was pretty damn good in the 60s. We are still a long way from that even now with dumb bombs.