PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2022, 13:01
Wokkafans

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Sue Vêtements
I've been saying that for a while now.

I think the stage we're at with drones is similar to when biplanes used to fly alongside each other and each take turns (for the officer of course) to take pot shots at each other

There are so many "opportunities" to use drones, in offensive, defensive and drone on drone action.

You could launch a swarm attack and have them come from many different directions, they don't even have to continually fly, but could make a journey in a series of hops to hide detection, they could even fly an erratic course to make them difficult targets. You could even theoretically have a hybrid drone that lands, then crawls for a while to take off from a different location. They could be pre programmed with the target coordinates, so have nothing to jam, they could lie in wait for days, maybe even weeks. They could coordinate an attack amongst themselves, could even become a colony intelligence like an ant nest. I've even seen film (on here) of drones firing nets at other drones.

Think of the civilian world too and how political candidates give speeches surrounded by plexiglass walls. That might now need to be a box to stop a drone attack from above

Very interesting, but very frightening too
For those that have missed this short film: