PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SpiceJet 737-800 Severe Turbulence 2022/05/01
Old 4th May 2022, 01:47
BoeingDriver99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am always puzzled by the pilots coming on here to complain about these 'young pilots' etc etc. You're the Captain of an airliner with legal duties and responsibilites and you can't set a cockpit environment were such behaviour isn't acceptable? You'd prefer to sit and stew and whinge on here rather than say anything to your junior colleague? It boggles my mind.

Also think about it; all of the training captains, training managers and pilot managers today are what; 40s 50s and older? They are the ones who dictate EVERYTHING in the airline which includes automation policy, training, hand-flying 'practise', etc etc etc. I think attitude is a reflection of leadership and the leadership in many airline pilot's training and management is severly lacking. So is it any wonder that younger pilots behave that way?

Regarding the event; there's a reasonable chance their licenes were falsified so they may not have had any training in how to fly. Or it was a PIO gone very bad. Or CAT. I wouldn't hold your breath though...