PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit the Enabler? Forgive my ignorance ..
Old 3rd May 2022, 06:21
YosserHughes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the same boat, not at all helped by the pathetic stance of the UK government.
We now have British and European airlines, operating from UK airports and only hiring crew with EASA licences, the CAA have made the EASA to UK fairly straightforward, unfortunately the opposite can not be said.

It is my hope that when the 2 year grace period comes to an end there will be a shortage of experienced UK licensed crew however this is a hope and Im not sure how realistic it is, time will tell.

I honestly can't think of another group of workers that have been hit quite as hard as pilots and engineers over the last couple of years, add into this the continuous degradation of T&C's and all in all its a depressing state off affairs.

One can only hope that the sausage factories of Oxford and CTC are seeing a real reduction in guys and girls willing to risk 120k+ on this 'career', I think only when the feed of cadets dries up will the guys who have the experience be in with a chance of getting back to some form of decent renumeration, until then we're pretty much foo bar'd.