PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:09
davidjpowell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Return flight to Melbourne, Florida. Having experienced its well worth the drive from Orlando. Clearly, they see Tui as a big fish, and as a passenger, they have focused on our experience just as much as the deal for Tui,

On arrival, the terminal is clearly being extended (I'm told since doubling in size). While signage is not up, there was staff everywhere pointing the way and greeting passengers. Luggage is collected before immigration. The officials were marginally less officious than normal. The airport had a little gift bag ready with water and snacks, which was a nice touch.

Some car hire services are temporarily in an air-conditioned marquee, with additional air-conditioned temporary toilets also.

Coming back, similar reception. No queue at check-in, even at peak arrival time. No queue at security with friendly and helpful officials (take not UK Staff!). All the employees from the chatty cleaner to the Police officer working to reunite a phone to its owner were helpful, motivated, and actually seemed to take pride in their work and the airport. Again for passengers we were given a voucher for free food and water.##

On the way back we drove down from Cape Canaveral to the airport. Tremendous beach.

I would have no hesitation in flying there again - in fact, I would choose it over Orlando, and stay a night locally before traveling up to the City.

I think Tui will do well with this location.