PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Vaccines and Pilots
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2022, 07:14
mikewil

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by HappyBandit
As for your last comment. For the upteenth time, it's not about you. It's about society. I'm assuming your wait for your 'cleared for takeoff' instruction before actually pushing those thrust levers forward. Why? Because if you blatantly ignored their (ATC) instructions, bad things happen to not just you but the 170 sitting behind your paddle-pop opening door, as well as the 170 plus you could collide with. My point is you follow the law with mandated policies for safety and minimisation of risk. It's the same with vaccines. Hospitals introduced Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza vaccines (mandatory) to protect the provider, but more importantly the patients. It's not a conspiracy of the government or pharmaceutical companies to make more money. I didn't see Scomo retreating his arm as the cameras closed in on his biceps. Public good. Now I'm off to deliver food to the door of my son who has covid and thankfully a mild case in all likelyhood because he was vaccinated.
There is an obvious difference between the necessity to follow rules like instructions given by ATC and laws made "in the name of safety" just for the sake of it. When we are constantly being given conflicting instructions state by state and month by month, it is no wonder that people don't trust the official narrative. Like to be considered a "close contact" of someone with the virus, the magical number was increased from 15 minutes to 4 hours. I wonder what "scientific" data that was based on. 4 hours sitting next to someone on a couch, or 30 seconds walking past someone who happens to sneeze at just that moment. Hey, I'd still not be a close contact of the second option there, rules are rules.

At my grandmothers nursing home they now have a requirement that in order to visit, you are required to wear both a mask and a face shield to prevent the spread of COVID to this vulnerable group of people, seems reasonable I guess...not of you consider that I can also pick my grandmother up and take her out and spend a day at a Westfield or a few hours at the MCG with crowds cheering and spitting all over her only to return her to the "safety" of the COVID free nursing home afterwards. Too bad if one of the hundreds of drunks projecting their saliva all over her at the footy happened to have COVID....oops, but better make sure I wear that shield when visiting. Rules are rules and always for good reason.

And about there not being some 'conspiracy' for pharmaceutical companies to make money. It is no conspiracy that a company wants to make money - as much of it as possible. Pharmaceutical companies do not want illnesses to be cured for the same reason that oil companies do not want electric cars to become viable and affordable. As far as a pharmaceutical company is concerned, a sick society is a profitable one, you don't have to be a 'conspiracy nutter' to work that one out.