PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Titan airways-2
Thread: Titan airways-2
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2022, 21:09
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Downwind_Left
If it’s a second hand aircraft does it matter where the wings were made? And also with the mission profile… maybe they just chose the most suitable aircraft. Northolt is a very constrained airfield, the Global is a good performer, but the F900 is smaller and has 3 engines. The extra engine can be critical in certain performance calculations.

What arrangement are you claiming supports someone’s bank account? You sound like a conspiracy theorist to me.

If you’re referring to the A231neo, I don’t believe that the aircraft are owned by Titan. I understand they are owned, or at least leased from their actual owners by TCS Expeditions/Four Seasons. Titan are merely the ACMI operator of these aircraft.

The first, G-XATW, arrived painted all black in preparation to fly for its intended purpose at the height of the pandemic in late 2020. It sat idle for months, and then in early 2021 was repainted into the United Kingdom scheme.

The second was due to be G-OATW, but when it arrived in March 2021 it was painted all white and registered G-GBNI. And then placed into storage until the end of the year.

It’s pretty clear that both aircraft were surplus to requirements of their tour operator owners, who are not Titan, at the time of delivery. And that a deal was done with the UK to take over responsibility for the second aircraft. But that there was a mutually beneficial need to use the first aircraft in the interim period.

It’s actually far more likely that the original owner paid for the repaint, to facilitate the UK Government’s time line, than risk having to pay lease/mortgage payments on 2 very expensive brand new A321neos in middle of a pandemic when their revenue earning potential was zero.

The cost of a repaint, weighed against several hundred thousand dollars in monthly lease/mortgage costs for each aircraft unable to earn revenue would be more than repaid immediately by finding alternative employment. So the original owner will have most likely been happy to cover the incidental cost of swapping paint jobs.

For reference; the latest published figures puts the monthly lease cost of an A321neo as US$240,000-360,000. Since both aircraft were delivered in all one colour paint, the respray plus decals will be significantly under half the monthly lease cost.
Still a cost and as for ownership the CAA STATE
TITAN AIRWAYS LTD
ENTERPRISE HOUSE, BASSINGBOURN ROAD
LONDON STANSTED AIRPORT
STANSTED
CM24
Zilch nine nada to do with the tour operator !
Again just for clarity I have No objections to a UK state transport fleet !
What really does concern me most of all is the lack of scrutiny from the media traditionally and loudly opposed to this and going back through several leaders of both main political parties !
Oh and as a pretty measure that appalling gold font !