PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Titan airways-2
Thread: Titan airways-2
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2022, 19:23
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!

Originally Posted by Rivet Joint
Never understood why people don’t think the government should have VIP transport. You think they can just find a flight to a destination on normal passenger airlines? What about all the security concerns and costs for traveling on normal flights? You think we are some third world country and reputation doesn’t matter when going to a country to do business? Germany have 3 x A350s and 2 x A321Ns on the way. We borrow one A321N from an airline. If anything it’s embarrassing as it is.

The 2 F900s are also an odd choice. It’s a model from the 80s! Laughable that it’s chosen to replace 80s era jets that were at least built here! Could they have not chosen A220s which at least have their wings built in the UK or a more modern Bombardier business jet from Canada?
Again your haven’t read what I wrote !
I fully support a state owned and operated fleet of VIP transport with secure comms and defensive capabilities to promote the UK .
I said I support the F900 purchase however yes would have been better to get Bombardier with NI build input !
I don’t support this arrangement emboldening a Tory donors bank account !!!!