PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Titan airways-2
Thread: Titan airways-2
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2022, 18:51
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutan16
There should be a record of the tender request available on OJEU somewhere through I am in Nantes for few days and only have my iPad with me .

I will seek to find it at some point . The one for the Falcons certainly is up there 👆

And again I am not one whom thinks UK shouldn’t have a state transport

BTW the owners of Titan are Tory donators coincidence maybe 🤔

True to say right now there aren’t too many that could meet the tender requirements anyway and that without sight of the specifications.

Public tenders are regularly written is such a way to be just short of naming a supplier and that’s without weighting; more than half of tenders have 50 to 75% quality weighting and the balance being simple price before the award(s)
Frameworks awards can be 6 of more contractors!

The 75% quality is largely subjective and as much as 25% of that can be sustainability (code bribes- what are you going to do for the community and by how much are you going to donate to good causes !)

I write this crap every working day on fire safety government awards !
Never understood why people don’t think the government should have VIP transport. You think they can just find a flight to a destination on normal passenger airlines? What about all the security concerns and costs for traveling on normal flights? You think we are some third world country and reputation doesn’t matter when going to a country to do business? Germany have 3 x A350s and 2 x A321Ns on the way. We borrow one A321N from an airline. If anything it’s embarrassing as it is.

The 2 F900s are also an odd choice. It’s a model from the 80s! Laughable that it’s chosen to replace 80s era jets that were at least built here! Could they have not chosen A220s which at least have their wings built in the UK or a more modern Bombardier business jet from Canada?