PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Salary Review Time Again
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2022, 09:05
felixthecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
I have heard of a few employed by those companies and also heard of a fair few who were at the interviews from EK and didn’t get positions. Not forgetting for UK licence holders there isn’t anything. Getting back an EASA will set you back ££££.
EASA Intial C1 £800-£1k, has to be done with a registered EU EASA medical place, in the UK that’s either Birmingham or London. EU it’s easier, outside of that good luck.
Skills test. Name your price. (£1-3k).
EASA English test (yes even if a native speaker) £200.
CAA fee £45.
EASA licence fee, varies £400-£600.

These fees are the basics so without travel etc etc.

Say £3k minimum. That’s just to be able to apply to most of the companies on your list.
Oh and some now asking for ability to reside in EU land. UK passport/licence holders are extremely limited now. I hold EASA and UK now which has opened many more doors. For UK peeps it’s very limited.

Flybe have started operations again (operating Q400) after going under March 2020. FO salary used to be £29k starting and could add around £10k to that with duty pay etc. Capt £71k with again £10k added.
Same aircraft I have heard they are now offering FO £25kish without all the extras. Captains around £50k.

Welcome to 2022 post COVID.
That’s just to be able to apply to most of the companies on your list.

Ryanair are looking for Learjet pilots with UK FCL
DHL UK wanted UK FCL
Norse wanted UK FCL
OneAir wanted UK FCL

Vistjet is the only one in that list that needs EASA