PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2022, 22:53
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Similar to the Pope trying to organise an evacuation of Mariupol, I doubt it will ever happen and my reason why as a layman viewing from a distance.

Those civilians caught up in the stronghold are burning through the food and medical supplies available, so why would the Russians allow their evacuation, to do so means those surviving and holding out Service personnel would have access to provisions to hold on longer.
From the Russians point of view the faster they consume their resources the faster they surrender…. I might be wrong, but that’s how I see it, Siege mentality.

Again from a layman looking on, it has been reported that it is going to take approximately three weeks for the Wests aid to arrive into the combat zone and take effect. They seriously need to start cutting off supply routes because regardless of the troops in theatre without resources they will cease to be effective, they need to drop bridges and railways, especially the Crimea one, as that then means resources for the eastern assault will need to be diverted to sustain those.

​​​​​​…

Last edited by NutLoose; 30th Apr 2022 at 23:07.