PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2022, 11:48
380Mrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking advantage of pilot supply market and pandemic economy

Originally Posted by Alloy
Either way Wizz seem very keen to tie crew up with long bonds and/or longer than normal airline notice periods while having a low basic salary. This all seems to tie in with employers who have employee retention problems for whatever reason.
Apparently yes. Taking advantage. The basic is indeed very low but there is an increase incentive if you work hard(fly more than 70hrs/ month as I reckon it, to make the money or you could end up making only 45% of basic salary if you stick to what was rostered..and on the other hand if you say yes to every extra flight they assign you whether on your off days or leave days you could end up making 150% of basic which by the end your health and certainly family might suffer too. This stick and carrot system in my suspicion has more stick and less carrot. For a beginner hungry to fly and build a foundation it may well be a great chance, but for those already experienced to have to make such sacrifices and on top get paid much lower than say previous premium Airline/Aviation jobs that may not be an easy bridge to cross unless you have long term career development goals on Airbus and you have the age advantage to pursue them.I.magine having to leave a €12000/month with accommodations and crew transport provided for flying a meagre 25-30 hrs/month with oervdiems paid if off base to interesting destinations and finding time to tour them then suddenly immerse yourself in this low basic pay(60% lower) low cost high productivity stick or carrot system punitive system can take a brave heart indeed, especially if you have a family to support. At the end it is a personal choice...unless you have no choice in which case any job becomes attractive in itself for security's sake.