PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2022, 10:43
rattman

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by tartare
I see Liz Truss now calling for `warplanes' to be supplied along with other heavy weaponry.
So realistically - what can that mean - the Polish MiG deal gets put back on the table?
Supplying Ukraine with Gen 4 NATO fighters presumably not being practical due to training issues - despite their assertions they could learn to fly and fight an F-16 in a few weeks?
What F-16's every time it gets raised I ask the same question. What F-16 are sitting around available to be transferred to ukraine. Second hand F-16's sell like hotcakes once an announcement is made of retirement someone else announces they are buying. Even the US is running short of a good quality F-16 to use as target drones

I think the EF tranche ones from UK, suppliement by the austrian ones would be a best option. They would relatively easy to supply, train and maintain in europe. Second option would be a F-18. The kuwati F-18 have done relatively little work, the could be supplimented by the ex RAAF 40ish plus the finish ones if needed and parts from the boneyard