PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2022, 08:47
fdr

Received 870 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Ninthace
The bridge part of the crossing, the thing with all the girders and arches and such, crosses the canal, look on GoogleEarth.
... and again, why would you NOT want to drop the span into the navigable waterway?

analogy.
You are at home, and get home invaded, and you call the feds, and they put you on hold. You continue to fight off the invader, and note that they are trading with other people who are disinterested in your plight, and would prefer to be toasty warm in winter while you fight for your life... you further note that there is a door that the invader is using to invade your house, and just so happens to be dual-use, the other people who are benefitting from your plight use that to get a cheap deal from the invader, to keep toasty warm while you freeze your butt off in the cold, sans their help....

Now add the odd occasional gratuitous execution or 10,000+ (that's what this is going to show in the end, the biggest genocide since Rwanda).

I ask again, why would you give a rats about the inconvenience to the rest of the gawkers who are still trading with your invader?

This bridge was an act of aggression, by an illegal occupier at that time. And for the record, I am not Ukrainian, I am just irritated by bullies, liars and cheats, which is Emperor Putin and his F-Troop. I do have sympathy for the Russian individuals, but they need to be getting rid of their kleptocratic government. Not standing up like Navalny or Politskaya puts them in the same camp. I do believe Ed Burke was on to something, even if he didn't actually say - “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

In the meantime, very happy if Lloyds occasionally reads this forum and the newspapers and acts accordingly in delightfully self-interest to rack up insurance rates for those that attempt to profit from trade with a despotic empire.

On another side, seems a shame that Romania, a NATO country doesn't do a lend-lease deal for "control" of eastern Ukraine from their border to Kerch, and up to the east side of Donbas. A leaseback kinda agreement. That would put a kink in the plans of Dr Evil, and his blackmail of the world for. .....