PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Aerodrome Mk IV
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2022, 08:25
Asturias56

Received 379 Likes on 225 Posts
Now.... let us perform the usual incantations and spells .

The cars look American and are left hand drive. The road sign is not North American for that vintage The gentleman's hat is Hispano-Spanish

Throwing it into image processing software it looks as if the top direction on the left maybe Jamaica with a 3 digit number - let us be conservative and assume miles rather than kms so less than 1000 miles away.

4th Direction on the left may be Miami 4 digit number "Miami" and "jamaica" are roughly in the same direction

Most of the signs point in one direction with only a few at right angles or and only one in the other direction - so we're near the end of the line

Second on the right may be ??asaxxx possibly 29xx away in the opposite direction to Miami (more or less)

Third sign on the left may be Cama.. or Gama..... or Cartagena? ?1925 miles

I may be totally wrong but I suspected somewhere in Columbia or Venezuela - the old Bogota Techo Airfield but I'm not sure the tower is correct. On the other hand that post definitely has a crown on top - unlikely in Columbia or Venezuela but a possibility in the Dutch Caribbean and S American colonies....... princess juliana international airport in the Antilles had the right sort of tower