PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - West Sale airshow- what was it like?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2022, 22:00
Squawk7700

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts
You hit the nail spot on the head about the departure times. The display was done by 230 but they said you couldn’t leave until 4pm… Pretty certain that that let aircraft leave early though from what I heard. That was a big issue for many potential visitors. I dare say that only half a dozen aircraft flew in as I couldn’t see any other than a few GA aircraft that were on display.

Thoughts? I felt it was more of an airshow for the general public rather than pilots. Paul Bennett and crew did a great job as per usual with all their aircraft and flying, plus the roulettes did a nice job in the 21’s. There was a Spartan in attendance too, however for an airport used for raaf training only 2 minutes flight from a raaf base, you’d think that there could have been more involvement from the raaf, like perhaps a Hawk flyby as à minimum… that was disappointing.

Jeff Trappet flew the Sabre which was good to see but the Mustang was noticeably absent on Saturday at least.

Some logistical issues in that the area was a bit small for the number of people, on par with Avalon cramping, toilets were placed in the middle of the viewing area and smelt, some GA aircraft were parked in front of the viewing area which blocked the low level display. The grass was also too long and hard to see the Pitts and Motorbike stunt. I suspect the issue was that it was too wet to cut the grass and extent the crown area too far beyond the bitumen.

PS, nothing on the webcams as it was all down the other end as you have noted.