PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2022, 20:42
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Downwind_Left
I’d be surprised if the crews position out, or back generally… would be an expensive option… needs double the number of hotel rooms when the aircraft lands in TFS. And double the number on the last day of duty position home as 2 crews overlap, plus you lose the revenue seats to sell on 2 flights, as well as having 2 crews massively overlap duty. Far more efficient to swap crews at a convenient point when the aircraft is on the ground in the UK. Inbound crew gets off… fresh crew gets on for the flight south.
Alas your wrong. Crew position both ways. I don't get your math regards number of hotel rooms - simple put the crew go on one flight out, stay let's say 5 nights, on the 6th day they fly back after their standby duty. The new crew fly out on the 6th day ready for duty on the 7th day with another 5 day stay. I'm not sure how Jet2 work it I'm sure someone in the know will know.

TUI do have an aircraft in TFS which operates revenue flights for them. Surely having 2 aircraft, 1 standby to cover Canaries and Cape Verde, will be better for everyone. I don't think TUI do standby aircraft do they?