PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2022, 11:46
Sk1schoolsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
You kinda wonder if EDI isn't a B777-200 candidate once the PW birds are flying again? Possibly one of the domestic configured aircraft even? Unless there's a strong demand for Polaris, it would allow a high volume seasonal lift with a sensible sized business cabin. The United B764 is C39Y203 giving 242 total whereas the B77A is C28Y336 giving 364 in total. American used to do this with the B767 into GLA/MAN, offering US domestic F as a business offering.
I would have thought that 76A or 76C (or at a push. 787-8 would fit any upgrades airframe better on this route providing reasonable additional seats in all classes, without being too premium heavy. But I guess they are struggling for frames and crews still.
Don’t know if the demand is there for a Daily 777- would be quite a jump up to fill even in peak summer.
If my memory serves me right did they not once go double daily with the same size 757 frame instead favouring additional frequency over increased capacity? Don’t see this happening again anytime soon…..