PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The $1 millon question
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2003, 14:48
Pilot steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The $1 millon question

Gday all,

Firstly a little about myself, i am 16 yrs old, living in Australia and have been flying since the age of 14, i guess you could say ive caught the bug all ive ever wanted to do was fly and all i ever want to do is fly.

I have been working at a local Macdonalds to pay my way though my flight training.

I flew solo on my 16th birthday and am very close to my 17th birthday when i'll undertake my PPL flight exam. I have passes in PPL theorey and 6 of 7 CPL subjects with excellent results. I have been rapidly expanding my knowledge on airlines and am familiar with most systems, having completed CBT's on the 737 and 777. I hope to complete my ATPL subjects before my 18th and my CPL on my 18th.

So now as not to bore you all, my question. I hope to acheive a job with a reputable airline such as QANTAS as close to leaving school as possible.

Do I:

A) apply for the QANTAS cadet scheme, get a huge bank loan and waste a year

B) go do a Degree or Diploma course

C) Jump into a GA job and work at getting to the required hrs as soon as i can.

I guess the question basically is what is more valued young age and lots of hrs or education qualifications?

Thank you for the time taken to read my question and i eagerly await you replies.