PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 23rd Apr 2022, 09:53
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Lead Balloon 2 of 2

Lead Balloon,

Apologies in that previous post. The notification is posted above, although in the incorrect order. My first time with an inline attachment.

This really is the issue. CASA never issued any formal decision letter. They simply advised that the concept was unlawful. Apparently a breach of the Aviation Ruling which CASA has since withdrawn, and an allegation of a breach of the Civil Aviation Act.

CASA had previously approved a number of bases under the "significant change" procedure i.e. MFT, AVIA and LTF. It was when we went to add on the new members that CASA advised of the regulatory breach.

After fighting the issue for 8 months, CASA stood by their original decision that it was illegal, and forced all pre-approved customers i.e. MFT, AVIA, and LTF to leave, and refused to process the applications for new Members.

I approached the AAT, but because CASA had not issued a decision letter, technically no decision had been made, and there was no decision that I could appeal.

I appreciate thats a bit brief, but Im about to head out and off air tomorrow. I will be monitoring and address any follow up queries late tomorrow night or first thing Monday morning.