PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tired Pilots
Thread: Tired Pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2003, 10:20
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Let me get this straight, cjam, you (and obviously other like-mindeds) knowingly fly when you are fatigued.
Do you realise that you are in violation of the CAR's, and undoubtedly your company's OM?
But more importantly that by so doing, you are displaying a serious lack of common sense, airmanship, and professionalism, and by flying fatigued are setting yourselves up BIG time for making an error - or series of errors - that may well end up costing you your career!
Do they really not mind if you say ""sorry chasps, had a spot of trouble nodding off last night,I'll see you all day after tomorrow""
If, in fact, you do feel that it is UNSAFE to fly, due to fatigue, then it is INCUMBENT upon you to step down from duty - it is your OBLIGATION, as the person responsible for the lives and safety of the pax, and other crew, and the safety of the aircraft.

SmallGlassofPort, had this one happen to moir, just a few days ago:- Received a phone call from crew scheduling on the night of Xmas Eve to tell me that the following day (Christmas) I would be required to position to another port, night stop there, and then on Boxing Day crew a couple of flights for another guy who was going to have a cold!!