PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Linton on Ouse
Thread: Linton on Ouse
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2022, 13:44
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I'm just glad I didn't vote for them - everything this Govt does is tainted and poorly thought out - comes from the top I'm afraid and Patel is only in the job because she will support everything BJ says.

I hope you get this turned around but it seems to be a fait accompli if the work has already started.
Yes, you're not wrong I fear. I have been working with Westminster and Scottish Government on other issues for many years now. The norm is they decide what they want to do and do it irrespective of the outcome and impact on us taxpayers and voters.

The biggest problem we face in getting a robust message across is that the whole issue is getting swamped by the Rwanda deal. Local press give one or two lines to Linton and then six paragraphs about Rwanda and the government handling of it. All we can do is make sure everyone who has an interest in this, or has a financial dog in the race living next to a military base (or former military base) realises that Linton is not going to be the first and last such centre.
I personally wouldn't plan on moving near somewhere pencilled in for closure, and if I had a house near to anywhere on the list I would be selling up now.