PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage in USA
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2022, 09:28
Ecam321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
Refugee, I see no contradiction here, I agree savings are a vital part. However, I personally can save way more in HK ( I own my place, I don't have a car etc.), nothing to do with a distorted mindset. I could not meet my financial obligations with 100ish before tax and living in the (not exactly cheap) US. For sure I could not save anything. In the end it is a personal decision depending on personal circumstances.

Ecam, thanks. But where would you start in that table. Bottom right I assume? And are you certain as a captain ( no TR, no experience in corporate) ? And who pays for training? Quite often the devil is in the details..
Your starting position is dependent on your experience and type rating is provided by the operator with them paying for training but you must sign a bond for 12 months. There are countless companies offering this right now, with a schedule option of 8/6 or 15/13, live where ever you want in the US and they commute you to and from the airplane on the first and last day of rotation. I’m not trying to convince you STW, just want to make it clear what’s out there for guys and gals that are interested.