PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2022, 23:11
Uplinker

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by CVividasku
Really ?
I did the complete A320 TR and flew for only 4-5 minutes in direct law with man pitch trim.
Then I never had to worry about this wheel ever again.
You should look for and notice the THS trim wheel movement during every flight. That and the speed trend arrow tell you what is going on with your aircraft.

Plus, the wheel is not in the primary visual circuit, not even in the secondary visual circuit, and many accidents showed that it's not that easy to notice and override manually........
Come on, both trim wheels are in plain view next to the thrust levers, they most certainly should be in your scan. To override THS trim you simply put a hand on a trim wheel and it will stop and the autopilot will disengage.
And if you missed the movement, there is not a single indication that visibly indicates that there is something dangerous back there.
There is nothing 'dangerous back there' to a properly trained Airbus pilot. I think you have been very badly taught the Airbus and also your scan needs revising and improving. I think your problem is with your 'trainers' not with Airbus design.