PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW Virgin contract
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2003, 07:52
Leezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LGW Virgin Contract

Out of Trim,

I'll not come down to your level and resort to the name calling. But to answer a few of your points :-

Just because they are load controlling all the flights gives them a right to be bossy does it ???

If they feel like they are working for VS then that is their problem. They are not - they are Aviance.

I don't expect them to bow down to me I'd just like them to be able to justify themselves when I question their errors. Example :-

When there is a differance of over 5000kgs between the front and rear holds from the trim and the loadsheet and to be told - "oh thats ok, it doesn't matter about the hold distribution as long as the cargo figure is correct" is not an acceptable answer for me so of course I will question them.

It's when they can't get the basics like that right, then get all arsey and start swearing and slam the phone down when they get questioned about it that I have an issue with - and as the customer airline I don't expect it and I'm sure you wouldn't either !!.

I also never claimed we were "Super" Dispatchers. We are just going through changes that will give us some of the authority that a "normal" Dispatcher would get at any "normal" airline.

I'm sure the Aviance Dispatch guys and gals at LGW could handle anything that was thrown their way, but they don't have the same levels of authority being a handling agent as the airlines own staff would have. In order to improove the OTP this is why it's being considered at the moment to put VS's own dispatch staff in there.

It probably is cheaper to use Aviance at the moment, but I think VS are starting to look in the longer term now and also at the levels of service they are getting. They are not getting the service from Aviance that they would get if the CLP staff were their "own" and the Flight Ops department are fully aware of this. Also approx 80-90% of the LHR staff are trained in Load Control/CLP/Dispatch anyway and would be more than capable of taking over. Would only need another couple of staff to cover the CLP operation too.

So guess you must be Aviance then ??