PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot anxiety at Emirates
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2022, 12:43
lfbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyTheBigFatLady
i understand it’s being hard for you living on half pay for quite a while now and prices are going up and up.
maybe consider your glass half full as you have a job and a salary. There are around 1000 ex EK find them self not so lucky. They are living from zero pay in the same environment somewhere else in the world still having no future.

I find it outrageous if some one get anxiety over being unable to reduce his personal lifestyle to a EK 50% salary while former colleagues have still nothing not even a rejoin offer.
if you cannot survive in DXB on that kind of money having no extra costs please try a job in Europe, which u will get much easier than those who didn’t fly for last 2 years and enjoy the amazing pay cheques there or imagine how it feels to have no salary at all. while you have at least food on the table and a fancy car, there are some ex EK struggling with food and having severe financial troubles to keep their licenses and rating ( as they are paid from their own pocket) to be able to find a job.

i wish you good luck to get past your anxiety over your lost lifestyle
And that’s exactly how our profession hit rock bottom, “be grateful that you are being payed half salary while there are a bunch of other people willing to fly for a third of what you make right now”. Great advice, enjoy your new lifestyle because if we depend on you to make things better we are all done.