PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too late for 2022?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2022, 22:18
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying Bear
Morno’s post above is everything I detest about aviation in general…

Rather than offer something constructive, he revels in a condescending personal attack on someone he knows nothing about. Playing the man, not the ball - how typical.

Regardless of your point of view on this topic, all I can say is that our profession is ultimately doomed at all levels because there is just no support for each other… At the vey top, Alan Joyce must be rubbing his hands together, because I’m sure these pontificating, devisive attitudes extend into the airline world, too.

If I knew of all the toxicity in this industry when I was a newbie, I’d probably have done something else. However, here I am, doing the best I can for my team and myself in a necessary part of the wider industry, copping flack from a range of venomous people.

However, I won’t be “crying you, or anyone else a river…” I’ve got way too much to do today for that!

Happy Easter!
Would you rather that I congratulated the man for coming up with a new way to rip off pilots?

What I detest about the industry is the number of people who are there to take advantage of others, and then try and justify it by complaining about “training standards”. Newsflash buddy, I went to a good flying school 20 years ago, but do you think I knew much or anything about how to use a HF Radio, refuel from a drum properly, or change the oil in the engine? No, I didn’t, but I learnt it from those who then employed me and did my ICUS training, because that’s what they did and they didn’t go broke over it.

I am a long way up the industry now, but whenever I do come across a new pilot to the industry who asks for advice and help, I am very happy to do it. And you know what, I don’t charge them for it!

You say that AJ must be rubbing his hands together. He probably is, because he’s seeing people create new ways to continue to rip us off.