PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too late for 2022?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2022, 21:09
Flying Bear

Received 44 Likes on 5 Posts
Morno’s post above represents what I detest about aviation in general…

Rather than offer much constructive, he revels in a condescending personal attack on someone he knows nothing about. Playing the man, not the ball - how typical.

Regardless of your point of view on this topic, all I can say is that our profession is ultimately doomed at all levels because there is just no support for each other… At the very top, Alan Joyce must be rubbing his hands together, because I’m sure these pontificating, devisive attitudes extend into the airline world, too.

If I knew of all the toxicity in this industry when I was a newbie, I’d probably have done something else. However, here I am, doing the best I can for my team & myself in a necessary part of the wider industry, copping flack from a range of venomous people.

However, I won’t be “crying you, or anyone else a river…” I’ve got way too much to do today for that, including giving a start to two young pilots (yeah, both have done the GA Ready course…) but notwithstanding, that will involve type familiarisation & about 30 hrs line training (at our cost) whilst on full pay (IAW Award). This takes about a month - given the burden of CASA requirements. Plus, subsidised accommodation, etc which we hope they don’t trash. All for pilots we will be lucky to retain for longer than six months, as the industry moves.

Despite being a “champion” of pilot’s rights - how many new pilots did you give an opportunity to this week? At your expense?Genuine questions - as I have no idea who you are & you could run a reputable GA company - but I’m guessing not.

Happy Easter!

Last edited by Flying Bear; 17th Apr 2022 at 21:57.