PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toxic Cabin Air/Aerotoxic Syndrome
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2022, 17:17
Havingwings4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airsound, thx for your posting.

I wasn't aware of Congress prepping a bill regarding this. Finally some recognition and progress. I am contacting the senators writing this bill because I feel it doesn't go far enough.

They can go much farther to protect airline crew than just alerting and reporting on board a flight. There needs to be a comprehensive testing program, mandated by Congress, out of reach of parties that try to keep covering this up, to establish what exactly is happening on many many flights regarding air quality on board.

Additionally it needs to be ruled an occupational disease so crews don't have to fight and go to court for years to get financial assistance.

Also Congres needs to mandate airlines to implement filters that catch those organophosphates and airplane manufactures to design new airplanes in a way that only fresh air enters the cabin, not through engines or APU, ala 787. yep that will cost money and fuel burn so you can expect a strong lobby against it. Maybe lives are more important than money ?

i lost my medical years ago due to this but wasn't aware of this issue until years later, after flying 27 years on all kinds of jets. Finally have my medical back.