PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2022, 16:42
Beamr

Received 357 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by fitliker
What does the Russian formal declaration of War against Ukraine change ?
It means that Putin may start calling in the reserves due to war time. However that sword might fall on himself as the motivation of an average russian may be quite low to end up in the battle fields of Ukraine. How would they explain to an average russian that the peace keeping mission is so badly handled that they need to declare war and start risking their own lives. Especially since the official mantra has been that everything goes according to plans and Ukraine is already falling to pieces.

It also means that there is no reason left for Ukrainians not to attack targets on Russian soil. What I mean by that is that the Russian people need to start considering the possibility of hell and fire falling upon them in near vicinity of railway junctions, fuel storages etc.

but does Putin give a s*it what the average Ivan is thinking? Not necessarily. We may have passed the point in which he needs to win regardless of the costs. And traditionally no cost is too high for a Russian leader especially if the cost is mere soldiers lives. And the propaganda to prepare domestic audience for full scale war has already begun in the Russian TV. They are already saying that the sinking of Moskva was done with US weapons so it already is WW3.

Declaration of war by Russians will mean even more lies, even less discussion, atrocities spreading like plague and on my opinion hundreds of thousands of casualties, both military and civilian. And I am not exaggerating, the estimate is already at 50k ish and the declaration of war will only make things worse.