PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Aerodrome Mk IV
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2022, 09:58
OUAQUKGF Ops

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Jolly well done Asturius even with my compass error you were already getting horribly warm which is why I looked up the next train for you to catch to take you well away from Yate.....
If you had persisted I noticed that you could also take a two hour plus rail journey to Weymouth with two changes - however when I checked this morning only services to Bristol and Gloucester were on offer during the next hour or two. So Yate it is. Originally an RAF Repair Depot of the First War era and post First War taken over by the Parnall Aircraft Company of Bristol for the test flying. Parnall went on to establish a large factory here manufacturing armaments, including aircraft gun turrets during the Second World War. The works were bombed during 1941 with considerable loss of life. Parnall also manufactured Washing Machines - the surviving factory buildings having since been enlarged and occupied by the Whirlpool Corporation. A few piccies.........

Photo Credit Yate Heritage Centre

Photo Credit Whirlpool Corporation.

The Pixie 111 in its prime - a little more here:https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/li...plane-15721061

Parnall Factory Bomb Damage. Photo credit Yate Heritage Centre.

Over to you Asturius.

Last edited by OUAQUKGF Ops; 17th Apr 2022 at 13:41.